Southland is one of the South East's top trucking companies, offering both the opportunity for drivers to make a comfortable income and enjoy time with their families as they are home weekly.
When you work with Southland you get the best of both worlds: a company that's big enough to provide the technology and service you need, but small enough that we know you by name. Family oriented company offers a family atmosphere filled with respect and care for all. We are seeking Class A CDL drivers to join our regional team.
Family owned and operated, when you work with Southland you get the best of both worlds: a company that's big enough to provide the technology and service your needs, but small enough that we know you by name. Our drivers enjoy the benefits of a financially stable and secure company that is committed to providing their drivers with the support they need to succeed on the road while balancing miles and home time.
Weekly Home Time on Midwest Regional Runs!
Southland has regional CDL-A truck driver runs in the West, Midwest and Northeast that get you home weekly –or more often! Family owned and operated, when you drive for Southland you are family! We're large enough to provide you the earning opportunities you have to have, but small enough to know you by your name, not your truck number.
Join the carrier that puts truck drivers first in our family friendly culture! Southland, has two regional opportunities hauling freight that maximize your home time while keeping your earnings steady. Take a look and APPLY NOW for the opportunity that fits your life.
Choose your Region Runs for CDL-A truck drivers:
Main areas of travel: NC, SC, GA, TN to West, Midwest or Northeast region multiple times a week.
Take your reset at home every week!
401(k) Company match of $0.15 for every $1 contributed up to 15%
Southland's CDL-A Midwest Regional Truck Driver Jobs Offer:
- 100% Family owned and operated
- Competitive weekly pay, earn $57,000 to $90,000 annually!
- Full benefits (1st of the month after 2 months’ employment)
- All trucks 2017 or newer (Freightliner/Volvo/Kenworth) assigned, & 70MPH trucks. No slipseating!
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
- Orientation pay (with company-paid transportation, lodging and meals)
- Breakdown/Detention/Layover/Deadhead/Extra Stop Pay
- Monthly Driver Incentive program
- Weekly Performance Bonus program
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus program
- Open-door management policy
- Two years of OTR
- Class A driving experience
- No major preventable accidents in the previous 3 years No DUI/DWI or Reckless Driving charges in the last 7 years
- Must be able to verify previous 10 years of employment
Run your own business as an Owner/Operator with Southland. Being an Owner/Operator is about keeping control of your choices. Your home time and the lanes you drive are important decisions that you should make. Take advantage of real time electronic billing to get your settlements weekly as you complete trips. Southland Transportation is one of the South East's top trucking companies offering both the opportunity for drivers to make a comfortable income and enjoy time with their families as they are home weekly. We are currently seeking Class A CDL Owner Operators for dispatch from our Boonville, NC and Knoxville ,TN terminal to operate in the Midwest region of the United States.
- Documentation Requirements
- Proof of payment of Federal Highway Use Tax (Form 2290) (Assistance Available)
- W-9 with Federal Tax ID # or SSN
- Valid Cab Card
- Copy of Bill of Sale
- Copy of Title Proof of Insurance
- Truck must pass DOT Inspection & verified by our Diesel Shop to be safe and reliable
- Compensation Program
- Percentage Pay Available-75% of the Gross
- No trailer rental fee
- Detention/Layover paid if billable to customer
- 100% Deadhead paid
- 100% Fuel Surcharge paid
- Insurance Benefits
- Primary Liability Insurance provided
- Cargo Insurance provided
- Non-Owned Trailer Insurance provided/no fees
- Workers Compensation Insurance provided at low cost
- Non-Trucking/Bobtail Insurance - required (optionally provided/$46 per month)
- Physical Damage - not required but can be optionally provided
- Truck Qualifications
- Wheelbase of 265 or shorter
- Tractor Weight of 20,000 LB or less full of fuel
- Wired for ABS trailer brakes (pigtail has hot center pin)
- 13'4" minimum stack height
- Ability to scale 45,000 LB loads
- 5th wheel height 48" maximum
- Additional Benefits
- Quality Home Time
- Weekly settlements via Direct Deposit
- EZ Pass Program
- Fuel Card System
- Fuel Tax Program
- Base Plates & Permits Program
- ELD & Load Tendering Device
- Monthly Performance Bonus Program
- Cash advances available
- Discount programs on breakdown services, fuel, maintenance, parts, and tires
- 24/7 Support Team Repairs available in our in-house diesel shop
- $75/hour labor rates
- Bi-Annual Truck Inspection
- 100% No Touch Freight No Hazmat Loads
Southland Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Job applications are kept on file for 30 days. After 30 days, or if you are applying for a different position, you must complete a new application to be considered for a position.